Monday, May 16, 2005

Gotta love em..

God knew what he was doing when he decided I needed to be a mother to boys. Especially in the teenage years. I am guessing I probably would not have been very good at the hairspray, fingernails and accessories when it comes to teenage girls. This weekend, our middle son had his 8th grade formal dance. It was on Saturday night. It was already going to be a busy weekend and this big event would also be taking place in the middle of participating in an out-of-town baseball tournament.
Other than the money spent on ordering a tux and a corsage and the time it took to take him to be measured for the tux, we were pretty much prepared for the dance. On the other hand, I noticed that a whole heck of alot more went into preparing for the daughters.
They had to have spent many hours shopping for the perfect formal dress and shoes ($) and then the trip to the salon for the nails and the up-do ($, $). It would have been a much bigger ordeal getting a girl ready. I can only imagine the stress that would be flying around my house. Luckily, I just had to send him to the shower, help him into his monkey suit and off he went!
Being a mother to three boys....$priceless!

No comments: